Deadline for application: Wednesday, April 15
To apply, submit a cover letter & resume to Dawn Crawford at [email protected] with the subject line Communications Intern Application.
BC/DC Ideas is seeking a student or recent graduate for a communications internship. The communications intern will be expected to provide 20 hours/week to support our clients and overall work of the agency.
BC/DC Ideas, headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, is a creative agency that specializes in strategic communications planning, social media, advertising and marketing, public relations, video production and event management for nonprofits. We offer a wide-variety of creative services that will rock your world! Learn more about us at www.bcdcideas.com.
Interns will get real world, hands-on experience working on a diverse array of communications projects including copywriting, media relations, social media management, web development and video production. We treat our interns as an important member of the team and expect a high-level of professionalism on every project.
Remotely and in BC/DC Ideas home office, the communications intern will:
- Create content for social media engagement, website management and media relations for nonprofit clients
- Become a hype-machine for BC/DC Ideas on social media and the blog
- Curate content that supports clients
- Complete research projects
- Current student or recent graduate of a college or university
- Ability to work remotely with your own equipment
- Be available for one in-person meeting per week (preferably Monday mornings) and on-site projects as needed
- Experience working in nonprofit communications
- Be a go-getter, a rabble rouser and have the ability to smile easily
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, WordPress applications, experience with design software a plus)
- Familiarity with AP Style, and basic knowledge of marketing and design
Stipend: This internship offers a semester stipend of $500. School credit may be available.