Title: Communications Specialist
Deadline for application: December 1 or until filled
Salary Range: $40,000-$45,000
To apply submit a cover letter, resume, AND writing samples to Dawn Crawford at [email protected].
BC/DC Ideas is seeking a communications professional to join our team. We are looking for a full-time Communications Specialist to support our clients and the overall work of the agency.
The position will work on a diverse array of communications projects including media relations, social media management, website maintenance, client project management, copywriting and business development.
This position will work on all our clients, but a majority of their work will be in advocacy and health-related topics.
BC/DC Ideas, headquartered in Cary, North Carolina, is a creative agency that specializes in strategic communications planning, social media, advertising and marketing, public relations, video production and event management for nonprofits. We offer a wide variety of creative services that will rock your world! Learn more about us at www.bcdcideas.com.
Remotely at your own home office and in BC/DC Ideas home office, the perfect person will assist the team in:
Copywriting & Media Relations
- Writing press releases & successfully placing stories to local and regional media outlets
- Writing ad copy for review
- Creating original content for editing and client review
Social Media & Digital Support
- Managing social media updates
- Blog writing
- Social media and ad reporting
- Maintaining client websites
- Overseeing client review process
- Handling hot issues in absence of team members
Business Development – 5% bonus on all new business landed by contractor
- Researching new business leads
- Blogging twice per month
- BC/DC Ideas newsletter
- 2-5 years professional communications, advertising and/or marketing experience
- Proven success placing stories to local and regional media outlets
- Experience in nonprofit communications or agency work
- Passion for media relations, social media and digital communications
- Master of AP Style and a love of editing
- Ability to work remotely from your own home office with little supervision
- Availability for client and team communications between roughly 9 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday
- Be a go-getter, curious, self-driven, a rabble rouser and show ability to have fun
- Energy on tap to do amazing things every day
- Enjoys the collaboration and give-and-take that comes with working in a team environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills are a must
- Agency experience or client management experience a plus
- Ample paid vacation
- 5% bonus on all new business landed
- Stipend for healthcare insurance coverage
- Fulfilling work environment
- Doing good for a living