BC/DC Ideas is looking for a student or recent graduate with a passion for nonprofits to be our communication intern. The intern will work two days/week as support for the agency and our clients.
Located in Cary, we are a creative agency that specializes in strategic communications, social media, public relations, advertising, event management and video production.
Our clients are nonprofits in a wide range of fields – conservation, animal rescue, human health, social justice, and more.
Our internships offer real-world experience in a hands-on environment. We treat interns as important members of the team who get to work on real communications projects for our clients. With great trust comes great responsibility as we expect each of our interns to display an exceptional level of professionalism with each project assigned.
- Draft copy for social media, the web, flyers, etc. for various clients
- Create media lists, press releases and press kits to pitch media
- Craft innovative ideas during our IdeaStorms and strategy sessions
- Complete research projects
- Community management on social media channels
- Prepare content calendars to deliver to clients
- Write monthly reports and identify how to make strategic change
- Current student or recent university/college graduate
- Be available to work twice a week, roughly 16 hours per week
- Ability to work remotely with your own laptop
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of AP style
- Computer skills – (MS Office, WordPress, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
- Last but not least, a LOVE of nonprofits and want to change the world for GOOD!
Stipend: The internship offers a $500 stipend and possibly class credit.
To apply: No cover letters please! Submit a resume, 1-3 relevant writing samples (e.g. Press releases, strategic planning docs, blog posts), and let us know:
- What’s one nonprofit you’d like to work with and why?
- What makes you a good communicator?
- What’s your favorite writing-based task (reports, press releases, social media)?
Submit application to Sharon Bruce at [email protected] with the subject line ‘Communications Intern Application.’ We are conducting rolling interview so apply ASAP. Deadline for all applications is August 17, 2018.