BC/DC Ideas is looking for a student or recent graduate with a passion for nonprofits to be our communication intern. The intern will work 20 hours per week as support for the agency and our clients.
Located in Cary, we are a creative agency that specializes in strategic communications, social media, public relations, advertising, event management and video production
Our internships offer real-world experience in a hands-on environment. We treat interns as important members of the team who get to work on real communications projects for our clients. With great trust comes great responsibility as we expect each of our interns to display an exceptional level of professionalism with each project assigned.
- Draft copy for social media, the web, flyers, etc.
- Create media lists, press releases and press kits to pitch media
- Craft innovative ideas during our IdeaStorms and strategy sessions
- Complete research projects
- Community management on social media channels
- Prepare content calendars to deliver to clients
- Current student or recent university/college graduate
- Be available Monday mornings for weekly office meetings and for off-site projects as needed
- Ability to work remotely with your own laptop
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Computer skills – (MS Office, WordPress, Drupal, Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
- Last but not least, a LOVE of nonprofits and want to change the world for GOOD!
Stipend: The internship offers a $500 stipend and possibly class credit.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and relevant writing samples to Cody Davidson at [email protected] with the subject line ‘Communications Intern Application.’
Will you be our next rockstar?!